Thursday 2 June 2011

Going Live!



Well, not the release, but Coalburn Trench will now be released with almost full electrification via third rail conductors!

A custom third rail asset is being made and the vast majority of the route apart from obsolete branches, old yards and freight routes are being electrified. This will finally complete the jigsaw of the Southern-themed route which just isn't right without it. Justified at last!

A huge player in this decision was thanks to the kindness of Richard Scott, who again has allowed me permission to package with the route his superb EMU pictured below and was the turning point in this decision. Of course I've always wished to have it electrified but until now it was beyond possible for various other reasons.


I've written a new update on UKTS, click here to view it. Comments/replies are welcome both as a reply to that thread or on here (or via email etc. should you have the details).

I hope this news is greeted with as much of a sigh of amazement as it did for me when I heard the news that it could be possible, although understandably I'm far more charged up than I should be (probably the nostalgia that drives this high)!

The exams are over (hurrah) so work can continue at a faster pace, although this lovely weather we've been having lately isn't helping the cause!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment